Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Feathers and Hiking Boots..


Let me introduce myself. I have several passions. Conservation. Hiking. Philosophy. And of course, my new fiancé.

Throughout this blog, I intend to discuss information about migrating ducks and geese throughout the country, specifically concentrating on the midwest and east coast. I have a twitter feed that relays info and receives reports daily. In conjunction with the Ducks Unlimited Migration Report (special thanks to my friend Chris Jennings), I feel as if the late season migration has more potential to be studied than ever before. Needless to say, I love ducks. If you're a member of Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, or are simply just amazed by the magnificent journey these beautiful animals take year in and year out, then you may like this site.

Also, I am an avid hiker. The Appalachian Trail has a special place in my heart. Stretching from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mount Katahdin in Maine (stretching... more like circling backwards and forwards, and loosely strewn across mountains and valleys....stretching probably isn't quite fitting...), I have intentions of hiking it in it's entirety. It's something deep inside of me that I couldn't stop if I wanted to. But, I will save that explanation for later.

Thank you for stopping and reading what I have written. I am simply a young conservationist and I am learning everyday.

Rick Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment